Friday, October 24, 2008

Election Ads

I chose to look at this ad initially because it addresses and important aspect of what we have at stake this election year. On the website it is listed as a Republican ad, but that affiliation isn't clearly spelled out. It is paid for by the Vets for Freedom so we can assume a McCain allegiance but the dramatic end of the ad says "We need to finish the job, no matter who is president." Added to the audio is the visual of seeing the message in writing. It is clearly emphasized and trying to promote a bipartisan idea that it doesn't matter who does it but it must be done.

The other thing that was interesting to me about this ad, was that it reminded me of swift boat ads in 2004 that too aim at Kerry's military record. The choices in how the people each came on screen saying "I served in...I faught in" can be directly parelled with an ad where vets came on and each said "I served with John Kerry." For comparison here is that ad.

No comments: