Sunday, October 26, 2008

He Lied

Somewhere along the lines, I was reading something about McCain's interview on "The View." I believe it was there that one of the women hosting the show used the term "lie" is some form to refer to a statement McCain had made. The author's point (sorry I can't figure out exactly where I read it) was that you wouldn't see this in traditional journalism. Exaggerated the truth, took it out of context, made a mis-statement, those are the phrases you typically hear when a "lie" is being talked about. For that reason, I was a little taken aback when I saw and heard he lied at the end of a McCain ad attacking Obama. That is a powerful and loaded phrase to throw out in an ad. When I say powerful, I don't mean to imply effective because I have a feeling it is quite the opposite, particularly since much of the discussion in the press about lies has been around McCain, not Obama.

2 comments:

Harry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harry said...

Here's the URL to an article (and the video) that reported on that visit to "The View": http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5789451&page=1