Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Initial Thoughts

As I am flipping through channels watching election coverage, I almost feel as if I am surfing the net. I am bombarded with information and numbers and to some degree, distracted. The layout on the screen reminds me of a webpage, with various boxes and areas devoted to different races. Obviously there is a lot going on tonight and a lot to cover, but the constant flashing of local races at the bottom and numbers for the presidency just above that and finally, the picture of the actual news cast is kind of driving me nuts. I am watching CBS as I write this but most of the stations are similiar. I actually think that CBS (as compared to say NBC's spectical) is one of the cleaner straightforward presentations.

Sidenote, Katie Couric's tagline "It's election night in America." Sounds a lot like "it's morning in America."

No comments: