Wednesday, September 17, 2008

McCain's Health

While McCain is certainly older than Obama and has a known history of disease, the reality is that anyone, at anytime can be victim to disease, cancer, heart-attack or otherwise. We discussed what should be/is off limits in presidential elections, and medical records is one I would consider putting on that list. I'm sure many would disagree with me, after all the president has perhaps the most demanding and stressful job out there. I just happen to think, despite the "lies" that are circulating, we have to have some trust when it comes to this issue. There is a process for doctor's to perform physicals and necessary tests on the president to ensure they are healthy and I think that should be enough. We have had a president with a physical handicap that had it been public knowledge, probably wouldn't have been elected. But he found a way to do his job.

I do think this issue has a different place in the discussion because of McCain's choice for VP, but that is a whole nother can of worms.

No comments: